It was announced today that US President Barack Obama won’t be visiting Australia next week. On behalf of those that live in or have visited the land downunder, I think it’s time to tell Mr Obama all the wonderful things he’ll be missing out on. While we appreciate the important domestic reasons he can’t visit us, if he’s checking the blogosphere this could be our chance to give him great reasons to visit and bring his family. I’ll get the ball rolling, but feel free to jump in with all your reasons President Obama should visit Australia.
– to play golf and see crocs at the same time, what nation offers that?
– to take daughters Malia and Sasha to see our beautiful newly born baby elephant Mr Shuffles at Taronga Park Zoo
– catch some class action waves at Bondi, Bells or Byron beaches
– learn some Aussie phrases like “G’day mate” and “okey dokey”
– to stock up on Aussie meat pies, pavolva (shh don’t tell the Kiwis), lamingtons and a barbecue with mouthwatering steaks
– visit a big rock in the middle of nowhere – Uluru if you haven’t caught on
– climb, camp in, kayak or generally enjoy world class rainforests, rivers, sand dunes, lakes, beaches and mountains
– visit one of the world’s greatest harbours in Sydney and take Michelle to see the Opera House, ferry ride across to Manly beach or walk the girls across Sydney Harbour Bridge
– parasail, bungy jump, raft, jetboat, snorkel or scuba dive in or over the Great Barrier Reef
Okay it’s your turn now…
Why should President Barack Obama visit Australia?
Hope you’re enjoying the VIP Backpacker’s Travel Blog. There’ll be an update added every other Friday, so keep tuning in to keep your travel dreams alive! If there are any travel topics you want covered feel free to contact me, Jo, at firstname.lastname@example.org