Here are some travel moments that shaped 2010. Enjoy this walk down memory lane:
1. We got the year going with our Top 10 destinations list for 2010 – did you get to any? Sydney, Queenstown, Dublin, Buenos Aires, Cape Town etc?
2. Our newsletter took you to the Abel Tasman in NZ for some of the nation’s best beaches, kayaking, wine country and walks. If you haven’t been add it to your 2011 travel wishlist.
3. We visited Dunedin to see the famous wildlife on the Otago Peninsula: penguins, seals and albatross. A real platter of wildlife!
4. February 12–28 – The 2010 Winter Olympics are held in Vancouver and Whistler and we gave you a taste of the ski action in Europe
5. We took a tour through the magnificent Grampians National Park in Victoria – one of the state’s must sees
6. The Blogging Bobbi’s began their sojourn around the country taking you to all the coolest destinations downunder
7. VIP began the buildup to the World Cup with this must do list when you visit South Africa
8. The eruption of Eyjafjallajokull in Iceland began causing travel disruption in Europe with tales of travel woe coming in from all across the northern hemisphere
11. The 2010 FIFA World Cup got underway in South Africa and the whole world stopped to watch
12. NZ is voted the world’s safest country – no surprises there!
13. Northern Europe hotted up with some prime sports and music events
14. We hung out in historic Hanoi, a backpacking destination you must get to for its beer corners, noode shops, history and great shopping.
15. The VIP Backpackers blog made it to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival – a travel event to put on your must-do list
16. We gave you some ideas for working holidays in Europe
17. We profiled Byron Bay and Agnes Waters and suggested ways to get your summer going in Australia – which is now underway, write in and tell us where you are!
18. Christmas hit the VIP Blog with our top 5 ways to have Christmas downunder – in other words how to survive a hot, steamy day
Wishing you all a wonderful new year!
Hope you’re enjoying the VIP Backpacker’s Travel Blog. There’ll be an update added every other Friday, so keep tuning in to keep your travel dreams alive! If there are any travel topics you want covered feel free to contact me, Jo, at email@example.com