Sadly the Rugby World Cup has come to an end for another four years, but we’re pleased with the result – well done to the All Blacks on a well deserved victory.
It’s been a great few weeks of Rugby action. Here are some of the things we’ve loved about it from VIP Backpackers – feel free to share your own comments.
1. The haka – it just seems to get better and better.
2. That Australia at least got a third place.
3. The fantastic weather New Zealand put on throughout most of the tournament.
4. The bringing together of so many countries – some of whom don’t feature in many other international competitions.
5. The chants of “All Blacks! All Blacks!” from the 60,000 strong crowd as the Kiwis held France out in the final.
6. All the incredible things to do between the games in New Zealand – hiking, biking, swimming, sailing etc. What a great country.
7. The action, the scrums, the skills, the tension, the blood, the punch ups – bring it on!
8. The encouragement it brought to Kiwi land after a tough year after the earthquake.
9. The constant action of the free running game – Rugby Union is such a delight.
10. There’s only four more years til the next event!
Hope you’re enjoying the VIP Backpacker’s Travel Blog. There’ll be an update added every other Friday, so keep tuning in to keep your travel dreams alive! If there are any travel topics you want covered feel free to contact me, Jo, at email@example.com